The World According To Kara

Monday, December 04, 2006

The very post CCB post....

Man, I have been so slack with my posting lately but it seems like everyone has been... eep.

So I said at the beginning of oct about how awesome it was going to be and I gave you a brief on the burnie 10 (from which my knee is still sore). Anyhoo... I never actually gave you a rundown on how adelaide and CCB went ... HOW RUDE!!


Well, it was friggin awesome! We stayed with Pirate Pete in North Adelaide. His house was spectacular and right in the midst of everything we needed to do (class venues, bars and night time venues!). We went to a class on the first night we were there and met some of our soon-to-be dance partners and good friends. John and Meral taught us some killer moves that made us think a lot about connection. It was ace!

We all headed off to the pub after the class for some drinks (GO COOPERS PALE!!) and some chats. What a great start to our exchange!

We had a whole day to explore before CCB kicked off in the evening and Pirate Pete was kind enough to take us on a drive. We grab a scrumptious brekkie at a cafe in a market area and then the Tasmaniacs and Pirate Pete hit the road for some adventures! Cue hilbilly musak!


The first stop was the Marina. We wandered along the pier and took lots of photos of random dips and poses in readiness for the weekend and of course some of the magnificent scenery.



We also stopped off at the pub (it was after 12...) and had another taste of that lovely Coopers Pale Ale. Cheers! From the ocean we headed to the hills. There was a little case of carsickness but we all survived unscathed back at Pete's for a quick shower to get ready for the first night of the inaugural blues exchange in Australia! WAHHEY!



Oh my!! So many hot people doing so much hot dancing in one venue! Woof! I got to have some wicked dances and we hadn't even started the lessons yet! eep! I also got to catch up with Shell from perth/adelaide/edinburgh who I met in my os travels! RESULT!! (I totally mean that in an awesome way but needed to pop it in there just for you shell... mwah!)


We got kicked out of one venue at 12 and then moved on to another place. Some people went home, some went to the 24hr pancake parlour and others continued on via the Adelaide mall pigs for some more dance pics...

Mark and I were left to our own defenses at the after party and could only hang in there til about 3 but we swore that we'd make the most of the rest of the weekend. We couldn't go too hard on the first night.

After a wee sleep we headed to the classes which low and behold started on time - who da thunk it ey??!! We learnt the basic blues rythms and some other wicked stuff. The night saw some more awesome dancing which may or may not have included the chicken dance... eek... Alex made me do it. I swear! Mark and I had a moment when he discovered the art of weight transfer at 5am and then we decided to call it a night. However, Pirate Pete was so content dancing with one of the punters that Mark and I were left to have a little nap on the couch until he was ready to come home.

The next and last day of classes saw us learning more moves and technique-y stuff which was kinda cool. Then there was a big dinner just up the road from Pete's and a dance just around the corner. I had some of the most wicked dances this night!! Some great hippity hop bluesy numbers and a phenomenal lead dance with Meral!

The bar shut at 12 and we all headed back to Pete's for the after party. The team motto became "Not Our Problem" and it seemed to fix everyone's late night angst. The dancing contiued til 7am-ish and I had some of the best dances in my life at 5. Garr, purrrr. Skippy, Fi, Chris, Enken, Pete and Mark almost saw the whole night through (a la Singin' In The Rain) and I managed to keep my beady little eyes open til the plane home gently rocked me to sleep.

Ahh... adelaide.... how i miss the.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home